Sider

fredag 2. juli 2010

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse and The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

I saw the last addition to the Twilight franchise today and I actually think I liked it:) Movies based on books are always hard to comment on, especially for those of us who have read the book. The movie will never be as good as the book, no matter how hard they try. However, they can make a good representation and I think they nailed it pretty well in this one.
 
Of course, there are scenes I missed from the book. One of them is the scene where Jacob cuts his hand in the kitchen and the clean up Bella has to do afterwards. It is not an important scene, but I would have liked to see it. Minor detail.
 
As it happens I also finished "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner" yesterday. Honestly, it was unintentional, but I'm glad I did. Since the producers of the movie have based some of the scenes on this side of the story as well, it was nice to know the back story for those as well. As Stephenie Meyer said in her introduction: Even the small characters matter. I liked Bree very much after reading her story. After being in the head of a real newborn just for that short period it took to read the book, I really understood how different Bella really is as a vampire. It's a pity Bree's story had to be a tragic one. I was nearly begging for better ending for her and seeing her life she would have had with the Cullens if the Voturi had been merciful. It is still hard to accept.
 
I hope Stephenie will write more stories like this and maybe make a collection of them instead of one book per person. There are many characters from the Twilight Saga that I would love to know better and see through their eyes.
 
Well, that was it for today. I hope I will be more awake next time I write ;)
 
Peace out!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar