Sider

torsdag 15. juli 2010

Working and reading 'the Vampire Diaries'

Hi!
It's been a while since last time I wrote. I will try to write more often and find something interesting to write about.
I'm working much these days. For those of you who don't know, I work in a coffee shop. My boss called me this morning and told me that the girl who was supposed to work the evening watch had the stomach flu. Since nearly everyone of my coworkers are on holiday now I had to take her watch. Surprisingly, this annoyed me to the point that I almost got mad, and those who knows me knows that it takes a lot to get on my nerves. I can't really explain why I reacted this way, other than I really had been looking forward to having the day off. There is just so little to do at work these days and of course that can be a relief when you are tired, but mostly it just makes you even more tired (or maybe you just take notice of it, since you don't have anything else to do).
 
I came prepared for a quiet day at work for once. I had stopped by a bookstore and bought "The Vampire Diaries" by L. J. Smith. I've watched the show on TV and liked it. A friend of mine have read the books and said they were pretty different from the series, but I took the chance. In my experience 'different' doesn't have to mean 'bad' and can be quite refreshing. I've read three chapters and I must agree with my friend, the book it quite different. My first impression is that I don't like Elena in the book, which is a different experience for me. Most of the books I've read have a main character that I can sympathize with on some plain, but I just can't stand Elena's shallow, self-centered personality. We'll see if she grows on me, but I'm a bit sceptic. It is Stefan that makes me want to know what happens, for once I sympathize most with the guy. That's a new one. It will be interesting to see how I feel when I've finished the book.
 
Since there's not really that many people who know about my blog yet, I guess it doesn't really matter if I'm not that good at blogging just yet.
 
See ya!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar